The Williams Kiwanis Club holds swap meets every weekend during the summer. This weekend the club is offering four days for the price of three. The days the event will be open are Saturday through Tuesday. Anyone who pays for Saturday through Monday gets Tuesday free. The cost is $30 for the four days for a 10 feet by 20 feet space. For more information, call Elsie Faison at 635-9011.
Mexican Fiesta candidates sought
The Mexican Fiesta Committee is seeking queen and princess candidates for this year’s fiesta, which will be held Sept. 16. Queen candidates must be between 13 and 18 years old. Princess candidates must be between 7 and 12 years old. For more information, contact Lupe Pacheco at 635-0520 or Bobbie Michelena at 635-4874.
Nature programs set for this week
Kaibab Forest Service has several campground nature programs planned for this weekend including:
• Don’t Give Reptiles a Bad Rap —7 p.m. at the Kaibab Lake Campground amphitheater.
• Ignite your night, — 8 p.m. at the Dog Town Lake Campground amphitheater.
• Nature Walk — 1 p.m. at Dogtown Lake main parking lot.
• Weaving the Web of Life — 2 p.m. Kaibab Lake Campground amphitheater.
• Our Flying Friends — 2 p.m. Whitehorse Lake Campground (meet at F loop by the dam parking lot).
• Food for Thought — 7 p.m. Whitehorse Lake Campground (meet at F loop by the dam parking lot).
• Wild Kaibab — 7:30 p.m. Kaibab Lake Campground.
• Rapturous Raptors — 8 p.m. Dogtown Lake Campground amphitheater.
• White Horse Adventure, 10:30 a.m. at Whitehorse Lake Campground (meet at F loop by the dam parking lot).