A hunter reported missing in the Tusayan area was located last Sunday when he called his wife and learned he was the subject of a search.
Verne Rollin Schoeneman of Scottsdale was separated from his hunting companion on Saturday. His companion called a family member who then reported Schoeneman missing.
Schoeneman met with Coconino County Sheriff's deputies Sunday afternoon at the gas station in Tusayan where he was confirmed to be in stable health and not endangered.
Coconino County Sheriff's Deputies and Coconino County Sheriff's Search and Rescue members conducted a ground search for Mr. Schoeneman throughout Saturday night and Sunday until he was located.
More like this story
- Coconino County responds to 1,239 calls over July 4 holiday and weekend
- Coconino County Sheriff logs four rescues in one weekend, urges caution when hiking
- Tusayan residents charged in aggravated assault and weapons violation incident
- Coconino County Sheriff's Detectives investigate the deaths of a father and his daughter at Jacob Lake
- Parks in Brief: Missing hiker found alive and well at Joshua Tree National Park