The Grand Canyon Unified School District Governing Board has a vacant seat because board member Bess Foster resigned.
Coconino County Superintendent of Schools Robert Kelty will appoint a Grand Canyon resident to serve as a governing board member for the public school district. The term of this appointment will be from the date of appointment sometime this summer and will continue through Dec. 31, 2014.
To be eligible to serve on a school district governing board:
a candidate must be a registered voter of the State of Arizona;
a candidate must be a resident of the school district for at least one year prior to the appointment;
a candidate or their spouse may not be an employee of the district.
Anyone interested in serving on the board should submit an application by mail, fax or email to Robert Kelty, Coconino County superintendent of schools, 2384 N. Steves Blvd., Flagstaff, Ariz. 86004; fax: (928) 679-8077.
More information and an application is available from Cathleen Garrison at email@example.com or (928) 679-8070. Interested residents must turn in applications no later than 5 p.m. June 28.
Kelty may organize an advisory committee consisting of district residents and a current board member to conduct interviews and advise Kelty on the appointment.
More like this story
- Grand Canyon Unified District Governing Board vacancy
- Vacancy on Grand Canyon Unified School District Governing Board
- Coconino County seeks applicants for openings on Williams and Grand Canyon school boards
- Coconino County seeks applicants for opening on Williams and Grand Canyon school boards
- Vacancy on GCUSD Governing Board