Above left to right: Grand Canyon School (GCS) students Kylie Hartigan, Jasea Pace and Kyla Pearce get creative with General Mills Box Top scraps after sorting and counting. Right: Seventh grade student Catrina Eden takes a break from counting labels.
With the money generated from Box Top labels, donated from the public and local businesses, GCS teacher Lori Rommel buys books and instructional materials for teachers' classrooms and the library.
Every six months, General Mills' Box Tops For Education program sends a check to GCS after they submit their labels. The last check, sent in December, came out to $1,097.
Contributions may be made to GCS's Box Tops For Education program by contacting the school at (928) 638-2461. Photos/Lori Rommel
More like this story
- Boxtop labels mean big financial gains for Grand Canyon Schools
- Grand Canyon School collects 1,650 boxtops, says goodbye to Labels for Education program
- Letter to the editor: Community helps GCS collect 13,000 Boxtops for Education
- Grand Canyon School submits more than 13,000 Boxtop labels
- General Mills Boxtops benefit Grand Canyon Schools