GRAND CANYON, Ariz. - National Park Service personnel located a body Aug. 6 several hundred feet below the rim in the area where missing Glendale, AZ resident Marc Buckhout, 36, was last seen.
Buckhout's family is aware of the discovery. Because of the location and the technical operation required to recover the body, the National Park Service will conduct the recovery mission first thing tomorrow morning. Once the body is recovered, the Park service will turn it over to the Coconino County Medical Examiner for positive identification.
A member of Buckhout's family reported him missing Aug. 2. He was last seen at 4:30 p.m. hiking along the South Rim west of Grandview Point in the vicinity of Highway 64.
The National Park Service in coordination with the Coconino County Medical Examiner is conducting an investigation into the incident.
No additional information is available at this time.
More like this story
- Man missing at Grand Canyon
- Body Recovered from Colorado River in Grand Canyon National Park
- Body recovered below South Rim believed to be missing person Michael Legus
- Body recovered from Colorado River in Grand Canyon National Park thought to be missing Howard
- Man recovered from Colorado River identified