GRAND CANYON, Ariz. - On May 28, Grand Canyon Diversity Council in collaboration with Albright Training Center celebrated "Many Cultures - One Voice - Healthy Parks Healthy People" with special guests including veteran founded KAJM Mega 104.3 program director, DJ and "Asian Soul Brother" Todd Himaka and U.S. Army veteran and musician Gary Himaka. This father and son found their park, found their voice and participated in a Healthy Parks Healthy People art in the park. The Himakas use music as a way to connect diverse audiences with the Healthy Parks Healthy People initiative.
More like this story
- Grand Canyon to celebrate Native American Heritage Month Nov. 9
- Comment deadline is tomorrow for World Heritage nominations
- Sixth annual Wildlife Days at Grand Canyon Friday and Saturday
- Grand Canyon National Park to celebrate National Native American Heritage Month
- Experience regional Native culture at Grand Canyon's Native American Indian Heritage Fest Nov. 9