Recreational campgrounds on the south zone of the Kaibab Forest opened Friday, May 1.
On the Williams District, Kaibab Lake, Dogtown Lake and White Horse Lake campgrounds are now open and available for public recreation and overnight camping.
For the Tusayan District, Ten-X campground, located two miles south of Tusayan, is now open.
In eastern Arizona, many campgrounds in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests are opening in the next few weeks.
According to forest officials, nearly all campgrounds are already open, but some have limited services until mid-May.
Forest officials encourage visitors to enjoy the fresh air and outdoors but to please be mindful of any rules associated with the campground and always maintain fire safety when making a campfire.
For current fire restrictions in Arizona go to firerestrictions.us/az.
To make reservations at these campgrounds, please visit www.recreation.gov or call 877-444-6777.
For additional information on the Ten-X Campground, visit this link to www.fs.usda.gov.
For additional information on all of the Kaibab National Forest recreational sites go to www.fs.usda.gov/recmain/kaibab/recreation.
More like this story
- Forest Service seeking public comment on Ten X campground expansion
- North Rim begins<br>its tourism season
- Kaibab Forest to close some recreation areas for winter season
- Campgrounds, visitor center open on North Kaibab Ranger District
- Kaibab National Forest seeks input on proposed expansion of Ten X campground