FREDONIA, Ariz. - The Kaibab National Forest and the International Mountain Bicycling Association will host a weekend trail building event for volunteers May 23-25 at Timp point.
The 18-mile Rainbow Rim Trail is a single-track trail located along the south-southwestern most portion of the North Kaibab Ranger District on the Kaibab Plateau and along the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
Once completed, the extension project allows the existing Rainbow Rim trail east an extension of eight miles.
Meals will be provided and volunteers will receive free t-shirts.
More information or to sign up visit
tinyurl.com/RainbowRim2015.or contact Missy Robinson at (928) 643-8120.
More like this story
- Save the date: National Public Lands Day on the North Kaibab
- Public invited to help build mountain bike trail on North Kaibab
- Rainbow Rim gets fresh tracks along the North Rim
- North Kaibab to extend popular Rainbow Rim trail by eight miles
- Kaibab to host free mountain bike trail workshop on North Rim