GRAND CANYON, Ariz. - On June 27 at around 4:45 p.m., the Grand Canyon Regional Communications Center received a call reporting a visitor over the edge at Mather Point.
Park rangers responded and located a body several hundred feet below the point. The park service helicopter and a technical rescue team also responded to the scene. The victim is 23-year-old Jamison Whittaker of Irvine, California.
An investigation into the incident is being conducted by the National Park Service in cooperation with the Coconino County Medical Examiner.
More like this story
- Vehicle and body found near Lipan Point in Grand Canyon National Park
- Rangers respond to report of someone over the edge at Grand Canyon
- Rangers recover body below Mather Point
- Body of man recovered from below the South Rim of Grand Canyon identified
- Identification made of man reported over the edge at Grand Canyon