GRAND CANYON, Ariz. - On Feb. 23, Grand Canyon National Park recovered a body below the rim near Lipan Point on Desert View Drive.
On Feb. 21, the Grand Canyon Regional Communications Center received a call from a local resident reporting a car below the rim near the point.
The park helicopter crew located the vehicle approximately 1,000 feet below the rim and a body about 200 feet below the rim. Rangers hiked in and recovered the body of the California man, Feb. 23. Identification of the man is being withheld, pending notification of next of kin.
An investigation is being conducted by the park and the Coconino County Medical Examiner.
More like this story
- Officials identify body recovered from below South Rim late last year
- Body of man recovered from below the South Rim of Grand Canyon identified
- Body retrieved from 700 feet below canyon rim identified
- Identification made of man reported over the edge at Grand Canyon
- Rangers respond to report of someone over the edge at Grand Canyon