KANAB, Utah - Representatives of Grand Canyon National Park, including park ranger Vanessa Ceja-Cervantes and Doug Lentz, chief of concessions for Grand Canyon National Park, helped
celebrate the National Park Service's centennial during the annual Earthfest Parade in Kanab, Utah, May 14. The parade celebrated the National Park Service's centennial with Grand Canyon Chief Ranger Matt Vandzura serving as its grand marshal. Gaelyn Olmsted, seasonal interpretive ranger on the North Rim handed out candy to the crowd and a Greyhound dog in an NPS costume walks with its owner.
More like this story
- National park welcomes two new division chiefs
- Salute to those who served: Memorial Day at Grand Canyon's Pioneer Cemetery
- National Park looks to partner with Tusayan for Centennial celebrations
- Dark Skies storytelling by Charley Bulletts to take place at Grand Canyon Feb. 26
- Postal Service releases NPS centennial stamps