Grand Canyon National Park paleontologists Dr. David White (left) and Dr. John Merriam (right) take a break from their work at the the Cedar Ridge Fossil Quarry near South Kaibab Trail circa 1927.
More like this story
- Earliest equatorial frogs reported from Triassic rocks at Petrified Forest National Park
- McKee's efforts laid foundation for last week's museum opening
- It's Earth Science Week at Grand Canyon
- Canyon fossils tell story of life before dinosaurs
- Heavy monsoonal rain causes trail damage to Grand Canyon trails