GRAND CANYON, Ariz. — The National Park Service (NPS) located a body Nov. 10 below the South Rim on the Rim Trail, between Pipe Creek and Mather Point.
The body of a caucasian male was recovered and is believed to be that of a Michael Legus, 39 of Tooele, UT. Legus was reported missing by a friend on Oct. 31 near Mather Point.
An investigation into the incident is being conducted by NPS and the Coconino County Medical Examiner.
More like this story
- Body of man recovered from below the South Rim of Grand Canyon identified
- Search underway for missing man at Grand Canyon National Park
- UPDATE: Second accidental death reported in Grand Canyon National Park in 2019
- Rangers recover body below Mather Point
- Mather Point-to-Pipe Creek<br>portion of Greenway paved