An artificial high directional (tripod) is utilized on the upper edge during a technical rescue training on the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park Dec. 13.
Grand Canyon Emergency Services perform technical rescues in all conditions provided the environment is safe for both staff and the patient.
More like this story
- Ohio man rescued after falling 60 feet at Grand Canyon
- Park Rangers recovered body from below rim of Grand Canyon near Lookout Studio
- Man rescued after fall in Grand Canyon National Park
- Ken Phillips named NPS Branch Chief for Search and Rescue
- National Park Service emergency services and Tusayan Fire take part in largest rescue exercise in the world at Grand Canyon