TUSAYAN, Ariz. — Tusayan Town Council member John Schoppmann resigned from his position March 7, effective immediately. The reason for his resignation was not made public at print time.
The town is seeking applicants for the open position. After reviewing application and conducting interviews, the council will vote on Schoppmann’s replacement for the remainder of his term, which expires in December 2018.
An election held Nov. 6 will determine who is selected to fill the position for a two-year term beginning in January 2019.
More like this story
- Schoppmann resigns, reappointed to Tusayan council
- John Schoppmann appointed to Tusayan council
- Schoppmann withdraws resignation, rejoins Tusayan Town Council
- Sanderson runs unopposed for mayor, five candidates file for three seats on council
- Sanderson is Tusayan's first elected mayor; Wirth and Montoya retain council seats