The Hualapai Tribe celebrated the 30th anniversary of Grand Canyon West April 28. Around 3,000 Hualapai tribal members and guests turned out to celebrate the occasion, marking three decades of job creation and economic development on the Hualapai Reservation. Tribal chairman Dr. Damon Clark recognized employees who have been at Grand Canyon West since the its opening in 1988. Participants are treated to Grand Canyon views from the Skywalk.
More like this story
- Grand Canyon West destinations expected to surpass 1.1 million visitors in 2016
- More than 4,000 visitors celebrate Skywalk’s 10th Anniversary
- Hualapai say proposed water deal could benefit tourism in the state
- Hualapai water rights settlement in the works
- Grand Canyon revives river unit under new chain of command