A low pressure system forming over the Great Basin will bring southwest winds from 25 to 40 mph today gusting 45 to 55 mph. In addition to the winds, relative humidity values will drop to 9 to 18 percent, causing critical fire weather conditions across all of northern Arizona.
In addition, areas of blowing dust and reduced visibilities are likely across northeastern Arizona.
Critical fire weather conditions will develop again Saturday across eastern Arizona. The remainder of the state will remain breezy with slightly higher humidity levels.
Information provide by National Weather Service Flagstaff.
More like this story
- Photo highlights: Grand Canyon EMS conducts structural fire training
- What you need to know: red flag warnings and fire restrictions
- Warnings issued for hazardous weather conditions in Arizona
- Fire restrictions begin today on Williams and Tusayan Ranger Districts of Kaibab forest
- North Kaibab wraps up successful season of fire management