GRAND CANYON, Ariz. — The Grand Canyon soccer season is off to a fast start with one of the school's largest teams to date.
The Phantoms returned to the field Aug. 12 with a strong group of upper classmen and a focus on fundamentals and conditioning. Several of the team's talented starters are returning, including offensive leader Nolan Lyle and tough defender Rufus Keebahe.
With just a couple of weeks until the first game, head coach Ted Hansen and assistant coach Jesse Magana have been working hard on conditioning, communication and teamwork to prepare for touch opponents like Page and Chino Valley.
The Phantoms open their season Sept. 6 with a home game against Page before heading to the Show Low Tournament the following weekend. The game starts at 4 p.m.
More like this story
- Photo highlights: Phantoms drop conference game to Ash Fork
- Phantoms soccer team takes the field against Chino Valley Sept. 27
- Grand Canyon Phantoms soccer: new coach, new season
- Lady Phantoms bow out of state tournament after loss to Baboquivari
- Lady Phantoms lose rematch with Mogollon; Phantoms drop tough game