Celebrating Grand Canyon National Park’s 100th anniversary, the annual Flagstaff Mountain Film Festival highlighted issues like uranium mining on the Colorado Plateau as well as adventures on public lands. National Geographic cinematographer Peter McBride premiered his film “Into the Canyon,” documenting a 700 mile sectional thru-hike by McBride and Kevin Fedarko.
More like this story
- Annual film festival focuses on Grand Canyon issues
- McBride, Fedarko wrap up 14-month journey through Grand Canyon
- National Geographic article focuses on Grand Canyon thru-hike and tourism developments
- 16th annual Flagstaff Mountain Film Festival kicks off Feb. 15
- Colorado River documentary screening Saturday at Shrine of the Ages