Navajo siblings Bill Nez and Jane Hyden demonstrate the art of Navajo rug weaving Aug. 15. Left: Hyden said her great grandmother taught her and her siblings how to weave when she was 11 years old and she was teaching her own granddaughter the art. Right: Nez teaches a park ranger how to secure wool threads on a small loom.
More like this story
- World's largest Navajo rug returns home
- Celebrate the Navajo way of being Aug. 4-5 at Museum of Northern Arizona
- Diné arts and living history from 75 artists featured at annual Navajo festival
- Winter Navajo Rug Auction Nov. 10 at Museum of Northern Arizona
- Summer Navajo rug auction June 22 at Museum of Northern Arizona