Divers Dec. 7 recovered the body of the fourth person to die in Tonto Creek in just over a week, the Arizona Republic reported.
National parks are the perfect place to celebrate the holidays, whether nestled among the high-country pines or lounging by Lake Mead or Lake Powell.
A popular tourist spot deep in a gorge off the Grand Canyon known for its blue-green waterfalls will make repairs after heavy flooding over the Thanksgiving break sent tourists scrambling to higher ground.
- Wet weather can create dangerous driving conditions on Forest Service roads
- Head of Arizona state troopers got warning for going 90 mph
- Search for girl in rural Arizona creek now a recovery effort
- Search resumes for Arizona girl swept away in creek waters
- Pact reached to avert federal government shutdown through Dec. 20
Montezuma Castle, located near Camp Verde, Arizona, recently celebrated 113 years a national monument.
The United States is sending 21 wildland fire personnel from the Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and U.S. Forest Service to assist with ongoing wildfire suppression efforts in Australia.
Lance Mattson has been selected as the new Chief Ranger for Visitor and Resource Protection at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and Rainbow Bridge National Monument.
- Arctic to Arizona: NAU professor explains how climate change affects everyone
- Agencies break ground for new Arizona Heritage Trail along Colorado River
- 2 killed in Arches National Park fall were from California
- Proposed RV park outside Zion National Park rejected
- Biologists to study desert bighorn sheep in Death Valley National Park
Kyler Murray was quick to shoulder the responsibility for Arizona's 23-17 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday after the rookie quarterback threw a season-high three interceptions.
Even with the outcome long decided, first-year coach Kliff Kingsbury left Kyler Murray in the game, letting his rookie quarterback take all the snaps until the frustrating, miserable end.
Jayden Daniels' big night on a prime-time national stage helped Arizona State stun No. 6 Oregon 31-28 Saturday night, giving the Sun Devils their biggest victory of the season.
- Grand Canyon Phantoms soccer, volleyball athletes shine during fall season
- Cardinals beat Falcons 34-33 after Bryant's extra point miss
- Kyler Murray leads Cardinals to 1st win, 26-23 over Bengals
- Hikers, runners and riders to attempt entire 800-mile Arizona Trail Oct. 12
- Cardinals feeling good after Sunday's late rally for tie
Four Rollers League celebrates end of first half of season
What is your favorite fall activity?
- Halloween - candy, costumes, carving! 0%
- Hiking/Biking/Exploring 0%
- Football - go team! 0%
- Traveling 0%
- Hunting/Fishing 0%
0 total votes
See past polls
The Tusayan Fire Department (TFD) has to deal with many different things in their daily operation, more than they might in a typical fire department elsewhere.
The North Kaibab Ranger District of Kaibab National Forest is spreading holiday cheer within the communities of Fredonia, Arizona and Kanab, Utah.
- Wounded vets help preserve history, enhance recreation at Lake Mead
- Air Force vet gains new appreciation for life in the US
- No falling back: Why does Arizona opt out of daylight saving?
- Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines offers November special to honor military
- New yoga partnership joins Canyon community
- Part II: USAF veteran Pete Jones lends telecom expertise to Grand Canyon
- Native American Heritage: Tribal youth perform traditional dances to packed house
- Couple's deaths in Grand Canyon remain unsolved
- Ted Martello: Answering the Army's call, twice
- 'Speeders' take to the rails, head from Williams to Grand Canyon